These websites are free to use or available for purchase. Many other genealogy websites are available for a subscription fee.
- Louisville Free Public Library for information on the holdings of the Louisville Free Public Library, for accessing Heritage Quest or the Historical Courier-Journal for 1830-2001. Access requires a library card and password.
- Kentucky Vital Records Index (U of K) for an index to the Vital Statistics for Kentucky for Deaths from 1911-1992, Marriages 1973-1993 except 1984-1985 and Divorces 1973-1993.
- Kentucky Vital Statistics Index for an index to the Vital Statistics for Kentucky for Births and Deaths from 1911 to the 1999 and Marriages from 1973-1999. A set of 3 CDs (or maybe 1 DVD) for $30 is available for purchase from the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives that contains the information since this site has been removed.
- FamilySearch is also an excellent place to search. Like Ancestry it contains a wide range of sources including census records and vital records.
- KIPCUG is a users group with a monthly general meeting and Special Interest Groups covering a wide range of topics including two Genealogy SIGs.
- Wholly Genes Software for information available through the Forum on the features of The Master Genealogist.
- The Master Genealogist is no longer readily available since Wholly Genes ceased regular operations several years ago. They still operate the Forum to provide assistance to their users. I also lead a User Group started over 20 years ago and have learned of a source where you can purchase a license for The Master Genealogist. Please contact me at email@example.com for information.