Click on Descendants for more specific information on 4 generations. Also included are ahnentafel reports for Frederick Bonn and for Catherine Pfluger for information on 5 more generations. Surnames include: Adkins, Aikin, Allendörffer, Allinder, Altmiller, Astin, Badersbach, Basham, Bauer, Bloemer, Bohn, Bonn, Brannon, Brooks, Byrne, Casey, Concannon, Cook, Cullen, Dannenhold, Dullmaier or Dullmayer, Eberenz, Eberle, Emrich, Faller, Farrell, Franck or Frank, Funk, Fusting, Goeing, Graham, Grant, Hager, Hamsley, Harlament, Harpring, Hatch, Helinger, Hettich, Hicks, Hikes, Hook, Howe, Humphrey, Isaacs, Jackel, Keene, Kern, Koehler, Kohler, Krebs, Krieger, Leverett, Lucke or Lücken, Marquard, McGowan, Metts, Metz, Meülher, Miller, Mitchell, Mosley, Mullen, Müller, Naigle, Nash, O’Bryan, Pavillard, Pfluger or Pflüger, Powell, Schaeffer, Schmitt, Schork, Schulz, Sears, Shaughnessy, Specht, Staden, Sullivan, Tucker, Wegert, Yates, Zundel. Other family lines included in the reports: Brinkhaus, Kline (and Klein, Prevatil), Reh, Stoesser (and Hurrle) and Waters will be covered in more detail in their own section.
The Bonn family has lived for many years in Gernsheim, Hesse, Germany (map). Click for a Map. Church records for the family date back to the 1650's, which is the beginning of the records in the Church. The records, although in Latin, are indexed making the records easier to use than some similar Catholic Church records. The Bonn family that emigrated to Louisville, KY (map) on 30 October 1847 or 1848 included Frederick Bonn and his wife Catherine, nee Pflüger, and their 4 surviving children: Catherine, Frederick K., Valentine (John) and Henry George. Frederick and Catherine had already lost 4 children before their emigration. The reason for the uncertainty about the date is that the Church records on the various family members record the exact date with different years. The task on the Bonn family is to try to extend the line even farther and to fill in information. I don't really have a roadblock on this family.
I am specifically looking for the following information:
- The date of emigration, the port of departure and the arrival of the Bonn family in the United States.
- The route and timing of the Bonn family's movements until reaching Louisville, KY. The entire family appears in the 1850 U.S. Census in Louisville, KY.
- Any information on what prompted the Bonn family to choose Louisville, KY as their destination.
- Death information on Valentine John Bonn born 9 Oct 1840 in Gernsheim, Hessen, married Sophia Faller 25 Apr 1865 in Louisville, KY and died after 15 Apr 1910. His parents were Frederick Bonn and Catherine Pflüger. He served with the Confederate Army during the Civil War.
- Any information on the 8 children of Bernard John Bonn and Lucille Frances Bush who were all born in Jefferson County, KY. Some of the children moved to Colorado.
- Death information on Joseph Bonn born 10 Oct 1868 in KY and may have died about 26 May 1892 in Jefferson Co., KY. His parents were Valentine John Bonn and Sophia Faller.
- Other marriage(s) and death on John H. Cook born Dec 1866 in KY or IN, married Antonia Catherina Bonn 28 Feb 1891 in Clark Co., IN, divorced 23 Dec 1914 in Jefferson Co., KY and may have died before 1920.
- Information on her marriage to Mr. Albritton about 1914 for Hattie B. Pavillard born circa 1900 in Decatur, TX, married Frank H. Bonn 10 Jul 1948 in Louisville, KY and died 29 Mar 1970 in Fort Worth, TX. Her parents were Calvin Pavillard and Josephine Nuby.
- Information on marriage(s) and death for George Bonn born 6 Apr 1876 and died between 1 Apr 1900 and 25 Feb 1945. His parents were Frederick K. Bonn and Elizabeth Eberenz.